Skip to main content

#4

So for those of you that didn't catch it on facebook or maybe you just want to hear about it again, I'm gonna write about Gage. Our new little boy that is exactly 19 days old today.



Gage Patrick was due to be born on April 29th, but due to a potential heart issue that was discovered at a 34 week ultrasound things changed.


Let me start this story by saying that very few people knew that we were expecting. Sure the people that saw me all the time knew but for my family and most of Daniel's family there were only a couple of people that knew. My biggest kick in life would be to call all of our family from the hospital and tell them that we had had a baby. Without a single word of warning prior. Three of Daniel's brothers knew because they travel way to much and we have always managed to be the middle of the road pit stop and so we get all of the wayward travelers in at our house. So some of them knew just from seeing me. I had also told Simone because I needed one of my sisters to talk to and both Brittney and Kamarie would be way more shocked at the call from the hospital than Simone would be. So I confided in her at about 31 weeks.


When we learned of Gage's potential heart issue in the middle of March we decided that we should inform all of the family so that if he needed surgery after birth that they would all be aware and that we could have that many more prayers on his behalf. The family was shocked enough at this news in March that I was 35 weeks pregnant.


My family doctor that I have had for the last 5 years in Edmonton really wanted me to deliver in Edmonton so that Gage would have the access of a NICU when he arrived. So that was the plan, until we considered that my last child was born in 25 minutes and Wetaskiwin is almost an hour away from the hospital that I was going to deliver in. So it was decided that we should induce a little early. Long story short here.... being the 4th child I knew my body and I didn't want to be induced when my body and baby were not ready to do that. So I pushed off the induction and Gage came on the induction date anyways.

At only 38 weeks and 6 days gestation Gage was born at 5:26 in the morning. He has been my longest labour and delivery at 6 hours. Some people want to hurt me when I tell them that but that's who I am and it's not my fault.

He is a beautiful baby boy and we love him to pieces!!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!

So a month ago I was contacted by My Memory Suite , a digital scrapbooking software company. They asked me if I would be interested in checking out their product and then doing a review for them on my blog. So here I am and I gotta tell you I love what they've got! First of all I'm not a scrapbooker (at least not a good one). I love the look of scrapbooking and I wish I was better at it but I struggle greatly on the 2 dimensional plain. 3D I can do, but I struggle with 2D. Anyways, this program is great for me. There are two great aspects of it that work well for me. First of all they have pages that are already made, put together and ready to go you just drop your pictures into the frames and voila! your done. The second aspect that I really like is that if you are wanting to build your own page you can put stuff on the page and take stuff off without any hassle. If your working with glue and papers things can get messy and expensive. Here it's just click and drag and you

I'm a Perfectionist

I'm a Perfectionist and it's killing me. But the first step to solving a problem is admitting that you have one. That being said, it's not actually killing me but there are moments when it feels like it is. What can I say, I like order, I like it to be done promptly and without deviating from how I want it. (My kids just don't seem to get it) Being the mother of 3 older daughters and then a son, I thought I had the 'terrible twos' figured out. I DON'T! Boys are so different from girls. Now I don't need you to shake your head at me and roll your eyes and say 'DUH' but really they are so different. It started about 2 weeks ago when Gage started getting into mischief when I was nursing the baby. O.K. whatever, but it's only escalating and I know that the biggest reason for it is Archer (the baby) but what can I do about it. When I'm tied up nursing the baby I'm nursing the baby I can't be chasing a 2 year old. Yesterday was a prime

Fruit

So the home that we purchased in Creston sits on 2.44 acres. I think it may have been a full fledged orchard back in the day but now it's just our own little piece of paradise. We have Apples, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Apricots, Cherries, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, and Raspberries. In the short 2 weeks that we have been here we have already harvested fruit off the land. I don't have any pictures of the cherries but here is a picture of the apricots we picked up off the ground. The fruit on the tree isn't quite ripe yet but these ones have been fabulous!  This is one of my peach trees. It has quite a bit of fruit on it this year. I hope that it will continue to increase it's production over the years. I can't wait for them to ripen.  They are still quite tiny but I've been watering them so hopefully they will plump up.   There are a couple of different kind of apple trees on the property. I couldn't tell you which one is which. Only time will