Skip to main content

Exciting!

So I follow a blog called The Dating Divas, they are fabulous for great dating tips and ideas. They are constantly coming up with great stuff. There are 11 ladies that all contribute so you get some great variety. That being said they decided that no only do they want to help smarriages but they want to help them greatly. So this week they are having a Tele-Retreat. Meaning that every day at 10am and 6pm MST they are having phone conference calls that you can call into and listen to some amazing speakers. Yesterday I had the priviledge of listening to recording artist Hillary Weeks.
She spoke about the power of positive thinking. WOW!!!! is all I can say. That brings me to the content of this post. Hilary spoke about an experiment that she did in her own home. She bought one of those number counting clickers that you hold in the palm of your hand. I've seen them at Costco, they guy working the entrance door counts the number of bodies going in. Anyways, Hillary was trying to figure out how many negative thoughts she had in a day. She didn't tell her family about it at first she just started clicking away. She was suprised to say the least at the numbers that she saw ( I don't remember how many clicks she had). After one week she found that she felt miserable, and depressed. The only thing that had changed in her life was that she was now focusing a lot of time and energy into clicking her negative thoughts. At this realization she decided that for the following week she would only click her postive thoughts. Anything from this is great jam on my toast to what a beautiful sunset to what ever positive thought went through her mind. Her numbers were far greater than the negative ones and she found at the end of the second week (the end of the positive test) that she was happier and enjoyed the little things more.
In an effort to spread her joy she has created a website at www.billionclicks.org What a fabulous idea. The power of our positive thoughts can change our personal lives, our homes and our marriages. When you sign into her website you can share the number of postiive thoughts. You can watch as her counter counts the clicks to a Billions clicks. You literally helping to flood the world with positive thoughts. The power of postivie thinking will change the world. Exciting!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!

So a month ago I was contacted by My Memory Suite , a digital scrapbooking software company. They asked me if I would be interested in checking out their product and then doing a review for them on my blog. So here I am and I gotta tell you I love what they've got! First of all I'm not a scrapbooker (at least not a good one). I love the look of scrapbooking and I wish I was better at it but I struggle greatly on the 2 dimensional plain. 3D I can do, but I struggle with 2D. Anyways, this program is great for me. There are two great aspects of it that work well for me. First of all they have pages that are already made, put together and ready to go you just drop your pictures into the frames and voila! your done. The second aspect that I really like is that if you are wanting to build your own page you can put stuff on the page and take stuff off without any hassle. If your working with glue and papers things can get messy and expensive. Here it's just click and drag and you

I'm a Perfectionist

I'm a Perfectionist and it's killing me. But the first step to solving a problem is admitting that you have one. That being said, it's not actually killing me but there are moments when it feels like it is. What can I say, I like order, I like it to be done promptly and without deviating from how I want it. (My kids just don't seem to get it) Being the mother of 3 older daughters and then a son, I thought I had the 'terrible twos' figured out. I DON'T! Boys are so different from girls. Now I don't need you to shake your head at me and roll your eyes and say 'DUH' but really they are so different. It started about 2 weeks ago when Gage started getting into mischief when I was nursing the baby. O.K. whatever, but it's only escalating and I know that the biggest reason for it is Archer (the baby) but what can I do about it. When I'm tied up nursing the baby I'm nursing the baby I can't be chasing a 2 year old. Yesterday was a prime

Fruit

So the home that we purchased in Creston sits on 2.44 acres. I think it may have been a full fledged orchard back in the day but now it's just our own little piece of paradise. We have Apples, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Apricots, Cherries, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, and Raspberries. In the short 2 weeks that we have been here we have already harvested fruit off the land. I don't have any pictures of the cherries but here is a picture of the apricots we picked up off the ground. The fruit on the tree isn't quite ripe yet but these ones have been fabulous!  This is one of my peach trees. It has quite a bit of fruit on it this year. I hope that it will continue to increase it's production over the years. I can't wait for them to ripen.  They are still quite tiny but I've been watering them so hopefully they will plump up.   There are a couple of different kind of apple trees on the property. I couldn't tell you which one is which. Only time will