Skip to main content

Spiritual Motivation

I've had the opportunity to be touched by the spirit today. I've read a few friends blogs and I think all to often we forget that others struggle, we struggle, everyone has a struggle of some sort that they are working on.

We live in a highly social society (social media and such) and yet we live very lonely lives. I think we allow very few people in to the 'inner sanctum' if you will, and that leaves us lonely and vulnerable. I have an amazing sister that I talk to every day. (well it used to be every day but summer gardens and us both with 4 kids every day sometimes is only twice a week) I can tell her anything, she knows my deep dark secrets, as does my husband but other than that, only some people know some things. Why do we guard ourselves so much? Why are we afraid of seeking help from others that might be able to give guidance or ever comfort on our own struggles and trials?

I was touched by those that have opened theirs doors a little wider and have allowed me to see that they struggle as well, I'm not the only one.

I struggle with feeling inadequate with the task of being mother and wife to a wonderful man.

I struggle with depression, living so far away from my family and not having anyone to fall back on if I should fall. (my husband is great but he works out of town and long hours, because he is an amazing man and works hard to provide for our family)

I struggle with lack of motivation which only depresses me more. I just keep thinking one day it will all change but I don't know how or why it will change unless I do something about it.
Again lack of motivation.

The bright side to all of this though is that I'm trying. I read my scriptures, and say my prayers, working towards one day being the mother, wife and best self I can be for me and my family.

Comments

  1. Oh Chis, I am sending you a great big hug! Life sure can be hard, but you are doing great. Turn to the Lord, at all times, in all things and in all places. He will help you - I promise. Without the Lord, I don't know how I would cope with anything. Good for you for opening up about how you are feeling - I know it can be very hard to do. Keep your chin up! If you ever need anything, I am only an e-mail away :)
    Love Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!

So a month ago I was contacted by My Memory Suite , a digital scrapbooking software company. They asked me if I would be interested in checking out their product and then doing a review for them on my blog. So here I am and I gotta tell you I love what they've got! First of all I'm not a scrapbooker (at least not a good one). I love the look of scrapbooking and I wish I was better at it but I struggle greatly on the 2 dimensional plain. 3D I can do, but I struggle with 2D. Anyways, this program is great for me. There are two great aspects of it that work well for me. First of all they have pages that are already made, put together and ready to go you just drop your pictures into the frames and voila! your done. The second aspect that I really like is that if you are wanting to build your own page you can put stuff on the page and take stuff off without any hassle. If your working with glue and papers things can get messy and expensive. Here it's just click and drag and you

I'm a Perfectionist

I'm a Perfectionist and it's killing me. But the first step to solving a problem is admitting that you have one. That being said, it's not actually killing me but there are moments when it feels like it is. What can I say, I like order, I like it to be done promptly and without deviating from how I want it. (My kids just don't seem to get it) Being the mother of 3 older daughters and then a son, I thought I had the 'terrible twos' figured out. I DON'T! Boys are so different from girls. Now I don't need you to shake your head at me and roll your eyes and say 'DUH' but really they are so different. It started about 2 weeks ago when Gage started getting into mischief when I was nursing the baby. O.K. whatever, but it's only escalating and I know that the biggest reason for it is Archer (the baby) but what can I do about it. When I'm tied up nursing the baby I'm nursing the baby I can't be chasing a 2 year old. Yesterday was a prime

Fruit

So the home that we purchased in Creston sits on 2.44 acres. I think it may have been a full fledged orchard back in the day but now it's just our own little piece of paradise. We have Apples, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Apricots, Cherries, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, and Raspberries. In the short 2 weeks that we have been here we have already harvested fruit off the land. I don't have any pictures of the cherries but here is a picture of the apricots we picked up off the ground. The fruit on the tree isn't quite ripe yet but these ones have been fabulous!  This is one of my peach trees. It has quite a bit of fruit on it this year. I hope that it will continue to increase it's production over the years. I can't wait for them to ripen.  They are still quite tiny but I've been watering them so hopefully they will plump up.   There are a couple of different kind of apple trees on the property. I couldn't tell you which one is which. Only time will