Skip to main content

Getting your house in order

So it's that time of the year where the summer has wound down and fall has settled in. We haven't any taste of winter yet, here. That being said as the Queen of my Domain, I take care of all the Domain in it's various capacities.

This time of year is moving the walnut leaves away from the plants that I don't want damaged. I just pulled my Gladiola bulbs last night because I don't want to lose them. (care of Gladiola bulbs is a whole other post) All of my planter pots have had the dead plants pulled from them. The garden has been cleared and we are ready outside for mother nature to roll winter in. That being said, my biggest goal in life is to find the greatest life that you and I can live!!

As we move indoors and become indoor dwellers there is a whole other part of Domain that has to be taken care of, on two different planes. First of all, after living out of doors all summer, my house is dirty, messy and cluttered. The second plane though is the well being of my home.

Where you live is only part of your domain. But what about the other parts? What is the feel or spirit of your home? Do you feel anxious in your home? Is your home dark and depressing? What about the financial status of your home? Do you have insurances? Do you know how to care for your house if there was a gas leak? or you had to shut the water off?


The purpose of my blog, Instagram, and Facebook posts are to help you become the master of your Domain!!

My biggest focus is how can I make my world, my Domain it's best. I am a Queen and deserve the best Domain. I'm not talking about a Buckingham palace. I'm talking about the best place for me, through the spirit, look, control and design of my world. I hope you are taking a look at how your domain effects you negatively or positively. You are the master of your space. Take control!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!

So a month ago I was contacted by My Memory Suite , a digital scrapbooking software company. They asked me if I would be interested in checking out their product and then doing a review for them on my blog. So here I am and I gotta tell you I love what they've got! First of all I'm not a scrapbooker (at least not a good one). I love the look of scrapbooking and I wish I was better at it but I struggle greatly on the 2 dimensional plain. 3D I can do, but I struggle with 2D. Anyways, this program is great for me. There are two great aspects of it that work well for me. First of all they have pages that are already made, put together and ready to go you just drop your pictures into the frames and voila! your done. The second aspect that I really like is that if you are wanting to build your own page you can put stuff on the page and take stuff off without any hassle. If your working with glue and papers things can get messy and expensive. Here it's just click and drag and you

I'm a Perfectionist

I'm a Perfectionist and it's killing me. But the first step to solving a problem is admitting that you have one. That being said, it's not actually killing me but there are moments when it feels like it is. What can I say, I like order, I like it to be done promptly and without deviating from how I want it. (My kids just don't seem to get it) Being the mother of 3 older daughters and then a son, I thought I had the 'terrible twos' figured out. I DON'T! Boys are so different from girls. Now I don't need you to shake your head at me and roll your eyes and say 'DUH' but really they are so different. It started about 2 weeks ago when Gage started getting into mischief when I was nursing the baby. O.K. whatever, but it's only escalating and I know that the biggest reason for it is Archer (the baby) but what can I do about it. When I'm tied up nursing the baby I'm nursing the baby I can't be chasing a 2 year old. Yesterday was a prime

Fruit

So the home that we purchased in Creston sits on 2.44 acres. I think it may have been a full fledged orchard back in the day but now it's just our own little piece of paradise. We have Apples, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Apricots, Cherries, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, and Raspberries. In the short 2 weeks that we have been here we have already harvested fruit off the land. I don't have any pictures of the cherries but here is a picture of the apricots we picked up off the ground. The fruit on the tree isn't quite ripe yet but these ones have been fabulous!  This is one of my peach trees. It has quite a bit of fruit on it this year. I hope that it will continue to increase it's production over the years. I can't wait for them to ripen.  They are still quite tiny but I've been watering them so hopefully they will plump up.   There are a couple of different kind of apple trees on the property. I couldn't tell you which one is which. Only time will